As a Senior Software Engineer, I specialize in frontend applications and build pipelines. Since stepping into Software Engineering Management, my focus is code re-usability and standards. I aim to keep products simple and tested—except for the “special sauce” that makes a great product exceptional. I seek roles where I can be a team’s momentum multiplier while building products that make businesses happy and customers even happier.
Engineering Manager / February 2020-present
- Architected a payment platform allowing our vendors’ customers to purchase large-cost items online using credit, check, or financing!
- Led the effort of building a monorepo that supports both frontend and backend ecosystems so our team can collaborate more closely and release code more safely.
- We’re currently working on internationalization and few other features I’m excited to announce!
- Our tech stack is Node on the backend and React on the frontend using TypeScript in both environments.
Dollar Shave Club
Frontend Software Engineer / March 2016-February 2020
- Led the Dynamic Landing Page engineering effort, supporting internationalization and easy marketing updates using TypeScript, React, Node, and Contentful
- Contributed to Dollar Shave Club’s CI/CD pipeline using Circle CI and Node, released es-check, and did a talk at JS.LA about CI/CD
- Built the analytics data layer providing accurate data in Adobe DTM
- While working at Dollar Shave Club, I was key in our Engineering Marketing Strategy writing several popular open-source projects: Reframe.js, Scrolldir, Shave, StickyBits, ES Check, Read more about my open source work below.
Hollywood Reporter & Billboard
Frontend Software Engineer / May 2014-March 2016
- Developed the future of UX for The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard leading to 15% readership growth and 13% decrease in bounce rate
- The efforts above lead to a 2015 Webby Honoree for Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter Website Magazine, and the 2015 best website at the 8th annual National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Awards
* More work history available upon request or on LinkedIn.
- University of Wisconsin—Madison / 1993-2003, Bachelors of Science in Art
- Illinois Institute of Art / 2006-2009, Bachelors of Art in Visual Communication
- American University / 2000, Summer Program
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago / 1998, Pre-college program
- StickyBits: Stickybits is a lightweight (<2KB) alternative to position: sticky polyfills
- Scrolldir: y-axis scroll direction without jitter
- Stickybits: an alternative to position: sticky polyfills - CSS Tricks
- Code Review Etiquette - CSS Tricks
- Continuous Integration: The What, Why and How - CSS Tricks