As a Software Engineer and Engineering manager, I specialize in getting applications built! I love working with engineers, product and design to keep products simple and tested—except for the “special sauce” that makes a great product exceptional.
Senior Security Software Engineer
- Building security solutions for GoodRx frontend content delivery
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a low code app for generating healthcare patient reports using React, Formik, HighCharts, and Python
- Implemented a UI library for Komodo Health with Bit using TypeScript, React, and MDX
- Architected a payment platform allowing our vendors’ customers to purchase large-cost items online using credit, check, or financing!
- Led the effort of building a monorepo that supports both frontend and backend ecosystems so our team can collaborate more closely and release code more safely.
- We’re currently working on internationalization and few other features I’m excited to announce!
- Our tech stack is Node on the backend and React on the frontend using TypeScript in both environments.
Frontend Software Engineer
- Led the Dynamic Landing Page engineering effort, supporting internationalization and easy marketing updates using TypeScript, React, Node, and Contentful
- Contributed to Dollar Shave Club’s CI/CD pipeline using Circle CI and Node, released es-check, and did a talk at JS.LA about CI/CD
- Built the analytics data layer providing accurate data in Adobe DTM
- While working at Dollar Shave Club, I was key in our Engineering Marketing Strategy writing several popular open-source projects: Reframe.js, Scrolldir, Shave, StickyBits, ES Check, Read more about my open source work below.
Frontend Software Engineer
- Developed the future of UX for The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard leading to 15% readership growth and 13% decrease in bounce rate
- The efforts above lead to a 2015 Webby Honoree for Billboard & The Hollywood Reporter Website Magazine, and the 2015 best website at the 8th annual National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Awards
* More work history available upon request or on LinkedIn.
- University of Wisconsin—Madison: 1993-2003, Bachelors of Science in Art
- Illinois Institute of Art / 2006-2009, Bachelors of Art in Visual Communication
- American University: 2000, Summer Program
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago: 1998, Pre-college program
- StickyBits: Stickybits is a lightweight (<2KB) alternative to position: sticky polyfills
- Scrolldir: y-axis scroll direction without jitter
- Stickybits: an alternative to position: sticky polyfills - CSS Tricks
- Code Review Etiquette - CSS Tricks
- Continuous Integration: The What, Why and How - CSS Tricks