I’m a software engineer at Currency. Formally, I wrote a lot of open source while at Dollar Shave Club. I write software because I’m passionate about making things, learning, and contributing to society. Software allows me to do those things everyday. Unrelated to software, I enjoy painting, running, and surfing.
The profile handle “yowainwright” is derived from conversations I had growing up while talking with my dad in his wood shop. I would sit on a workbench and tell him about my dreams which were always lofty. He would respond to my enthusiasm at key moments by pumping is fist in a winning gesture and say in a deep tone, “yoooo Wainwright!“. Not being a typical quick-learner or athlete, his encouragement motivates me to continue to persue my dreams.
Open Source Initiatives
- StickyBits: Stickybits is a lightweight (<2KB) alternative to position: sticky polyfills
- Scrolldir: y-axis scroll direction without jitter
- Stickybits: an alternative to position: sticky polyfills - CSS Tricks
- Code Review Etiquette - CSS Tricks
- Continuous Integration: The What, Why and How - CSS Tricks